“My birthstone is a coffee bean.”– Unknown
Water is life but Espresso is fuel!
Lately my Fiancé loves pointing out my caffeine addiction.
There’s absolutely nothing I can say to rebut it.
Withdrawal from caffeine is possibly worst than a hangover.
And I can readily admit I HAVE A PROBLEM.
Recently, I’ve started ordering & making my lattes half decaf 🙄 in an effort to cut back.
And I’ve also been switching out the coffee for tea a lot more.
I really wish there were more matcha options to do with the Keurig, sighs.
* 💡 New blog post coming soon. I’m on it.*
But this not about my love, or need for caffeine. 😌
I wanted to share a couple of tips & tricks I’ve learned over my 6+ years of being a Keurig owner.
Since Keurig launched their first brewer I’ve upgraded out mines about 4 times.
I started with the basic classic, no screen keurig. Then i got one with the screen.
Followed by a real upgrade to the Keurig 2.0 (loved it) until it went out.
[It hung it there for a long while and many travels.]
Currently, I’m using the K- Cafe and it’s definitely a game changer.
Most of my tips pertain to this model but can work for most and other brands as well.
So without further ado
here are 10 Lifesaving Keurig Hacks...
- Double Shot – Simply brew a shot and GENTLY lift the bar slowly. That should trigger the lights for you to brew a second shot without completely lifting the lid. This avoids grounds in coffee and doubles up your usage.
- Shake – Depending on which K-cups you’re using you could be missing out on even more flavor. Simply shake the k-cup up before you brew.
- Brew Fresh – Ground your own coffee fresh and add it to a Reusable K-cup. This a great option for coffee that doesn’t come in a k-cup or to mix flavors. It can also save you money$
- Keep it Clean – Me & My mom are never in unison on our morning lattes. So now we’ve agreed to run a shot of water after each brew. It helps keep the flavors from mixing and helps with the overall cleanliness of the brewer.
- Mix it up – Mix your creamer in with your milk for extra flavor just remember to keep it below the latte line.
- Spice it up – When making my at home Pumpkin Spice Latte. I also add in Pumpkin Pie Spice to the frother with my milk. This can work for any latte. Especially Chai. 😍
- Reheat – Throw you cooled off latte into the frother to “freshen it up”. Not only will it heat it up but it will give it some extra foam too!
- The Bolder The Better – The Starbucks Blonde Roast is amazing alone but with k-cups I find it’s best to choose a dark roast. The Starbucks Sumatra is a personal fav. That way you don’t compromise on flavor or the robustness we love in our brews.
- Buy Smarter – I’m guilty of splurging on coffee but having a keurig shouldn’t just be for convenience it should also be cost effective. Pay attention! Some stores will have a 10 count box for the same price as a 12 count box elsewhere. Buying in bulk will help save and if you sign up with Keurig for Auto Delivery you’ll get a discount too.
- Add Salt – Now this is something I was skeptical about but it actually tasted pretty good. People sometimes complain that k-cup taste a bit bitter and this is said to help with that. I haven’t had bitter tasting coffee from my keurig but I will say it tastes good. So there’s that. 🤷🏾♀️
That concludes my 10 Keurig Hacks.
Share some of your below, I’d love to try some new tips out.
Coffee lovers unite! ☕️
Meet me in the comments.